26 April 2015
Lower Elementary Montessori (6-9) Teacher:
ILM Montessori is an AMS Certified, ISBE accredited Montessori School based in the western suburbs of Chicago, currently in its 5th year of providing Montessori to its community, operating from its new permanent location in Lombard. ILM currently offers only Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten (3-6) Montessori program but is looking to expand its offering to the next level of Montessori program, which is the lower elementary. We are also working on a permanent home in Lombard and may start our next academic year from our Lombard property, In Sha Allah.
We are looking for an experienced Montessori Lower Elementary (6-9) teacher to exemplify Montessori methodology and assist children in their individual development within our Islamic Montessori environment. The candidate will serve as a facilitator in the Montessori Classroom and is responsible for the functioning of the learning environment and all aspects of its day-to-day operations. He or she works with the director.
Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding and promoting the school’s vision, mission, and goals to students, parents, and community.
- Working with the administrator peers, co-teachers, parents and students in articulating and maintaining the integrity and scope of the Montessori methodology.
- Preparing the Montessori classroom environment to meet the students’ needs and interests.
- Presenting consistent individual and group lessons to the students and supporting each child’s direction and success.
- Meeting regularly with students to work with them in assessing their own success and facilitating an individual path of progress.
- Working with students of varying abilities assigned to the classroom, including those with learning difficulties as diagnosed, as well as attending and hosting the parent-teacher meetings to support development of children.
- Maintaining student records, reports, evaluations, inventories, and tests.
- Participate in field trips as planned in the school calendar.
- Attending staff meetings and any other events relevant to teaching at ILM as necessary.
- Continuing professional development and participating in recommended conferences, training programs, courses, and other areas of professional growth.
Requirements for Lower Elementary Guide/Teacher Position:
- Lower Elementary (6-9) Montessori Certified (AMS or Equivalent)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 Years of Montessori teaching experience
A complete application consists of the following can be emailed to us:
- A complete and signed application form
- A cover letter specific to your qualifications for the position,
- A résumé,
- Copies of your credential,
- Certificates and verification of exams that you have passed,
- A list of four references (Parent, Co-worker, Administrator, and Personal)
ILM Montessori Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any persons (actual or perceived disability, gender, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that is contained in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the Penal Code or association with an individual who has any of the aforementioned characteristics). Due to the fact that the job requires Islamic studies, it is inherent that the candidate be a Muslim.
“The provisions of this announcement DO NOT constitute an expressed or implied contract or offer of employment. Any provision contained in this announcement may be modified or revoked at any time without notice.”
Quarashia S. Al-Shehab
ILM Montessori Academy
INSPIRE – LEAD – MENTOR